Penticton Vees Employment / Volunteer Opportunities
JOB TITLE: Director of Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director of Business Development
The Director of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for the corporate sponsorship sales for the Penticton Vees. This position also includes marketing & promotional support.
- Existing Corporate Partners – Manage the existing database of corporate partners, including communications to partners, renewals, invoicing, managing payment plans, accounts receivable, and incoming request and inquiries. Ensure we maintain a high renewal percentage (95%) by providing value.
- Execute partnership activations on a game night basis – through the scoreboard, in-game announcement, and Hockey TV level.
- Execute partnership activations using our digital marketing platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create marketing strategies for each aspect of our business including Blue Zone, Game Day Ticket Sales, STM sales, Camp’s, 50/50, Community Outreach, and creative Sponsor Content
- Manage paid advertising including media buys through Castanet, Radio Ads, Sponsored/ boosted Posts, etc.
- Create and execute organic marketing efforts (i.e., create and distribute playoff posters to local businesses, “Share to Win/Enter”, etc.)
- Collaborate with the SOEC staff to source ideas and execute promotional excitement for games to increase ticket sales (World Championship night etc.)
- Community Heroes Program – Source and Receive applications for Community Heroes. Ensure they qualify, choose recipients for the $1,000 donation at each home game, and work with the recipients to obtain their photos and information for the presentation. Present the donation at each home game.
- Herald Ads – Book all game ads through the Herald, also includes other promotions such as season tickets or group sale ads.
- Birthdays – Keep track and book all birthday & welcome greetings on the video scoreboard for each game.
- Team Donations – Manage all incoming donation and ticket requests. Source items, provide verification letters to ensure items are delivered or picked up. Keep track of all donations made.
- Theme Nights – Planning & executing theme nights for the purpose of increased ticket sales.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- At least 3 years of sales experience, preferably within an events or similar environment.
- Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Polished presentation skills, with an ability to think and react to situations confidently.
- Excellent relationship building and social skills; superior communication skills.
- Creative and innovative team player with cooperative attitude.
- A go-getter, with drive and initiative to succeed who is assertive, persistent, and results oriented.
- A proven dedication to outstanding client service.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as business, marketing or sport management is preferred but not required.
Job Title: Part-Time Vees Coordinator
The Vees are looking to hire a part-time coordinator to support with office administration and game night activities.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Supporting the planning & execution of theme nights throughout the season.
· Assisting with Season Ticket Member inquiries and requests.
· Assisting with Corporate Sponsorship game night activations.
· Assisting with creating content for Social Media initiatives.
· Available to work all Vees home games.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Please email your resume and firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Anthem Singers
Job Type: Volunteer
Date Posted: July 22, 2021
Description: The Penticton Vees are looking for singers who can sing both the Canadian and American Anthem before puck drop this upcoming season.
Apply: Please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Job Title: Blue Zone Crew
Job Type: Volunteer
Date Posted: July 22, 2021
Description: Duties include setting up the merchandise table at the top of the concourse, selling Blue Zone merchandise throughout the game, and helping sort and organize. Ages 15+
Apply: Please get in touch with Laura Carleton at Laura@pentictonvees.com